Interview with AGTuber- 4HappyHippos!!! (AG Content Creators #1)

Hey guys! It's Reyna and I had the honor to interview Lizzy, from the YouTube channel 4HappyHippos!!! If you didn't know, Lizzy runs a stopmotion AGTube channel where she posts a bunch of different SMs! She also has ''Director's Cuts" videos, which I absolutely LOVE! Okay, so I'll have a link to her YouTube channel/AGIG/blog down below for you to check out! I highly recommend you check her out and give her a follow!
Lizzy's Profile photo. :) Isn't it pretty?

Okay, let's get started with the questions!
RF8: How did you find out about AGTube and why did you start posting videos?
4HH: My sister always wanted to play with dolls with me when we were younger, but I never really enjoyed playing with dolls- I liked making things for Lanie [Lizzy's first doll] more. So one day in 2012 my mom let us go on YouTube and search for AG crafts we could make. We came across MyFroggyStuff's channel and we became obsessed with making her crafts for our dolls. One day when watching one of her tutorials, I saw a Basilmentos stopmotion in our recommended videos- I think it was "Samantha Eats Healthy" I watched it & fell in love with the idea of my dolls coming to life like that, in stopmotion animation. The more I watched AGTube & saw not only how entertaining these girl's stopmotions were, but also how kind & supportive the culture of the community was, the more I wanted to post my own videos. It looked like a blast, & I couldn't wait to be a part of it!
RF8: Do your friends and family know about your dolls? Do you have any advice for anyone wanting to tell people about their dolls?
4HH: I'm so thankful that my family is really supportive of my doll loving hobby. In fact, my parents help me come up with stopmotion ideas all the time! I used to be really nervous to tell my friends about my dolls, but recently I've started to tell them one at a time & it has made stopmotioning even more fun! So far, they've all been really supportive of my channel- a few friends have even voiced characters for me! If you want to tell people about your dolls, I'd say go for it- there's nothing holding you back! If you love it, then that's something to be proud of! For me, remembering to be confident about the things I'm passionate about has really helped me to be more comfortable telling my friends about my dolls. And if your friends don't like your doll hobby, then you might ask yourself if they're actually a true friend. But, when you get out there & begin to tell people, you might be surprised just how many true friends you have! I know I was! :)
RF8: Why do you think you have stuck with AG dolls for so long, but grown out of other phases?
4HH: Wow, that's a great question! [Thank you!] I really love telling stories through my little doll family, & I love the community that we have as AGTubers. As I've gotten older, I've realized that I'm really passionate about people- reminding them that they're loved, & special, & that there is hope even in a world like we have. I have a purpose on AGTube- I believe we all do, & that's what gets me excited when I wake up! I think because of this, my love for our community, & longtime love for American Girl itself, I've stuck with AG dolls longer than other phases.
RF8: Who was your first doll, and why did you decide to get her?
4HH: Lanie was my first doll, & I got her in 2010 when I visited some family in Chicago! I knew that we would be going to the AG Place, but I wasn't into dolls, so I didn't know if I wanted to spend money on one. But, an AG catalogue came & when I saw Lanie: curly hair, green eyes, blue converse & all. I was immediately sold- she was perfect! (The converse played a big part in my decision xD)
RF8:[ Lol! Conversefam unite! :)] What other YouTube channels do you watch other then AGTube ones?
4HH: I love to watch BlimeyCow, Jordan Taylor, & Say Goodnight Kevin!
RF8: What do you think is different about creating AG content on YouTube, then in other platforms? (Ex. Musical.ly, blogs, Instagram, Flickr, etc.)
4HH: I think that the only difference is the product that we post! For Instagram & Flickr there are so many amazing doll photographers, blogs have super fun written posts about AG, & even though I'm not familiar with Musical.ly, I know that the doll community is strong there as well! I love YouTube because I love filmmaking & YT is specifically designed for that. but I also think it's awesome how girls everywhere are taking their love of AG dolls into so many different social media platforms. I think it shows how we're all one big community regardless of what outlet our of dolls comes out in.
RF8: Do you have any stories to tell about experiences with your dolls or at the AG place?
4HH: Some of my best memories have happened at the AGPlace. One of my favorites happened when I bought Becca. The cashier was telling me how pretty she thought Becca was & how she had the same doll at home. She was so nice, & ended up telling me that she didn't buy her first AG doll until she was 16, but now she has 8! It really reminded me that it's ok to love dolls at any age.
RF8: How many dolls do you have, and what are their names?
4HH: I have 6 dolls:
~Lanie (GOTY 2010)
~Jordan (MAG #23)
~Nellie (Historical Character)
~Becca (MAG #58)
~Anya (JLY #120
~Celeste (TM #30)
RF8: How did you think of your channel name? (4HappyHippos)
4HH: Before I made my channel, I filmed and edited a bunch of stopmotions for just me & my family to watch. I pretended that my username was "Happy Hippos"- mostly because I liked how it rolled off the tongue. But when I actually did make my YouTube channel, 'Happy Hippos' was already taken, so my mom suggested the name '4HappyHippos'!
RF8: Can you describe how your dream doll would look like?
4HH: Nellie O'Malley has always been my dream doll. I saw her for the first time in the AG catalogue in 2004 when she came out & I had dreamed about having her myself ever since. It was such a special day when my parents gave me my Nellie as a birthday present in 2013!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And that's it! All of her answers made me smile cheek to cheek, and I loved getting to know Lizzy from 4HappyHippos! She was so sweet and fun to talk to! Her motivation to make videos is so pure and inspiring, and it really shows in her videos! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY!!! recommend you check out her channel and subscribe!
4HappyHippos YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/4HappyHippos/featured
4HappyHippos Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/4happyhippos/
4HappyHippos Blog: http://thehippogazette.blogspot.com/
If you enjoyed this blog post/interview, make sure to follow me and comment! Who do you think I should interview next? Comment down below! I also have email alerts if you would like to know whenever I post new things! I'm starting a series where I interview AG content creators just like Lizzy, so stay tuned for more! :)
Lot's of love, 
Reynaxxx
YouTuber's mentioned in this blog post:

PSSSTTTT!!!! If you're reading this, comment: HippoFlower48!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness Reyna!! You're such a fabulous interviewer, this turned out amazing! It was such an honor & joy to get to do this with you- thank you so much for thinking of me! You're an amazing & talented person, & I'm glad to know you!
    Keep up the awesome writing!
    -Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm happy you liked it :) I had tons of fun doing this with you too! Your answers were so awesome, and I got to know you in a whole different dimension. You're stopmotions really inspire me, and I got to meet one of my favorite inspirations!
    Thank you!
    ~Reynaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this blog post! It was so much fun to learn a little bit more about Lizzy. (:
    You should interview rockstar13studios next! She's one of my favorite AGtubers.
    You just earned yourself a new follower! :D

    Oh, and HippoFlower48! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your support, and I love watching your guy's YouTube videos! Yeah, I really want to interview Mikey too! I'll see if I can contact her, after I do some bloggers/AGIG/etc. I really want to have a big variety of AG lovers! :D
      ~Reynaxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment