Using a reflector for pictures! || DIY Doll Reflector!!!

Hi everyone! Today I'm going to be talking about this reflector I made for my photos! If you didn't know, a reflector is a piece of equipment used to bounce the light onto the subject, to make a more brighter picture. I've been wanting to make one, so one day I was just like... let's do it!
Here is how you make your very own photo reflector!
You will be needing a couple of things :)
-A base to make your reflector on. I used a big piece of firm styrophome (make sure it doesn't crumble) but most people just use a big piece of cardboard. I chose styrofoam because I had it lying around, and it would be easier to keep standing up. If you want a really big reflector, try using a tri-fold or presentation board. You will also need some tin foil! This is what is going to make the reflector reflect! The shinier, the better. Then you will need tape or glue, and scissors. 
Cover your base with tin foil.... that's literally it. :) Make sure you use the shinier side of the tin foil. The duller one should be face down onto the base. 
I started off using tape, but then switched to Tacky Glue. I think I liked it better than tape, because the foil wasn't covered with it. The glue just hid behind the foil, while the tape showed on the reflector. 

That's it! Now you have your own DIY reflector! I probably won't be purchasing a fancy reflector online, but this would be good to make so you can try it out before purchasing a reflector!
This is one sample photo I took of the glue: 
As you can see it added a little light to the whole thing! I used the exact same camera settings for both pictures. (The before is a little zoomed in :P) It worked really nicely!
Anyways, I hope you liked this blog post and have fun experimenting with your new reflector! I love using this in photos and I'm sure you will too!
Bye for now!
~Reynaxxx

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed this post!
    I actually made a mini sized one for my dolls and used it in a photo shoot. And I used to suck a photography and then I got to learn my camera and bought a cheap reflector. Now the photography is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! That's so clever! I might try that sometime... that's great that you are improving! I'll have to check out some of your new photos! Yeah I agree, I got decent at photography but once I saved up enough money for a fancy camera, I feel like it helped me improve and made me more motivated to take photos!
    ~Reynaxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment