NaNoWriMo 2016 Day 23 "NaNoWriMo Tag/40K!" UPDATED :D

Hello! Today is NaNoWriMo day 23, and the word count goal for the day is 38,333! My word count is 3,779. Yes, I am behind, but I'm getting there! Today, I am going to do the NaNoWriMo tag! I wasn't tagged by anyone... but I still wanted to do it. :) This tag was created by the youtuber Kristina Horner! I'll link her channel below!

So here are the questions!

1. How many times have you done NaNoWriMo?

A: This is my first time! I hope to continue to do more in years coming though!

2. How did you first find out about NaNoWriMo?

A: I found out about nanowrimo from the YouTubers, Katytastic, PolandBananasBOOKS, and Kristina Horner. I saw some vlogs, and found out more about it. Before I knew it, I was already planning my story!

3. What is the name of the first novel that you attempted to do during NaNo?

A: The Rue! (It might change though... I'm still thinking about it.)

4. Give us a 1 sentence summary of the novel you are writing this year.

A: 14 year old- and twin- Red fights for the rights of the Provinces Of Astoria, realizing the inequalities of the labeling systems. (Muhaha... confusion!)

5. What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given?

A: I have heard this from a lot of other writers and authors, but my favorite advice I've gotten is something along the lines of: Finish your draft! It doesn't have to be perfect, because you can always edit it! I like all of Rick Riordan's advice, which is on his website. He also says something like this on his website as well. This piece of advice is basically what NaNo stands for. 

6. Did you ever take a year off from NaNo? Why?

Um, this is my first NaNo, so I can't really take a year off... Unless you count the years in my life before now. But, that doesn't really count since I didn't know what it was. :)

7. What’s your biggest inspiration when figuring out what to write?

Books! I love books, and I get a lot of my story ideas from "mashing" different plots together of different books, and adding/taking away things. I change the characters up a lot, and the setting. And normally, the plot ends up totally different then how I normally pictured it. 

8. Read us the first sentence from one of your novels.

"Red looked at Rachel. A moment passed. She had wondered if maybe she would be counted as a Rue, but Rachel had said not to think of it." Yes, this isn't a sentence but the first sentence is four words so...

9. Why do you love writing?

I love writing because it's kind of like magic. :) You create something that wasn't there before, and you make people who read it happy. :D It makes me happy too. And, it let's me escape from drama at school or something like that, and be fully immersed in my story. My dolls are kind of like that too. :)

And, that was the NaNoWriMo tag! I tag the YouTube channel, "My Artistic Videos!" She does a bunch of crafts on her channel, and she is really awesome! She isn't doing NaNo this year, but she has done it a bunch of times before. If you do decide to do it in coming years, it would be awesome if you did it!

Her channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MyArtisticVideos
Kristina Horner's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/italktosnakes

UPDATE:
GUYS I REACHED 40,000!!!
AHHHH!!!! I'm one day early!!! So excited! Only 10K left! Guys, let's go! :D


                                 Anyways, see you guys tomorrow! YOUTUBE TIME!!! Bye!
                                                                               ~Reyna :D

Comments

Post a Comment