NaNoWriMo 2016 Day 27 "HOW TO KEEP WRITING!"

Hi! Today is NaNoWriMo Day 27, and the word count goal for today is 45K! Yippee! I am at 45,001 :) Anyways, has anyone else been feeling burned out? I don't want to quit, not after getting so far, BUT I JUST- Blah. It's hard to close out of all of the games and YouTube videos and start writing. So, here are my tips!
1. JUST DO IT. This is really cheesy, but if you take a deep breath, and start hitting that keyboard, you will get closer to your goal. Just try it.
2. Little steps! If you have the whole 1,667 words left to write, break it into maybe 15 minute sprints, with a goal of 500 words. That is what I do. (You should be able to do this, if you have ever achieved 1,000 words in 30 minutes.) That way, you only have to do three 15 minute blocks, and then maybe a 5-10 minute one. The WriteOrDie program is useful.
WriteOrDie: http://www.writeordie.com/
3. BRIBE YOURSELF!! Yes, I mean it. If you don't feel like writing, bribe yourself. Tell yourself that if you reach today's word count goal in under an hour, you can go out to the park. Or if you aren't into that stuff, tell yourself that you can have candy, or hang out with friends tonight. Whatever works. Or, you could do smaller goals. Every 500 words you write, you get an M&M at you side. When your done writing, count them all up and eat them! It is very satisfying. :)
Anyways, I hope you liked these 3 tips! I will see you guys tomorrow! Bye!
                                 ~Reyna :D

Comments