Gabriela McBride GOTY 2017- My thoughts!

Hi guys! It's Bella here, and today, we are going to be talking about the new GOTY (Girl Of The Year) from American Girl! If you haven't heard, it is the beginning of the 2017... (seriously, where have you BEEN?!?!) and that means the new GOTY comes out! Sadly, that means we have to say goodbye to the last GOTY, which in this case was Lea Clark. It stinks that she is gone already, since she was really cool, and I didn't have a chance to purchase her. But, Gabriella McBride is REALLY cute, but I do have some concerns, which I can talk to you about later!
Here is a picture from American Girl, of Gabriela, in all of her glory!
Hmph. Anything familiar? 
IT'S THE SAME DOLL. This is Truly Me number 46, and she looks extremely/exactly like Gabriela!
In fact, American Girl practically said that she was going to be GOTY 2017, when explaining why they were archiving #46! The AG team said that they had "special plans" for her, and then POOF! Gabriela comes out!
Don't get me wrong, Gabriela is really cute, just like MAG #46, but I would have much preferred more originality.
I would have much more preferred if they kept #46, as is, and created a new GOTY- from scratch. After all, I am pretty sure that is what they did with all of the other dolls before her. 
American Girl was at first going to make GOTY 2017, a new character- Tenney Grant, with a boy doll, Logan Everett. (I might make a leaks post about the two later.) YES. A BOY DOLL. I don't know what to think of this, but we'll talk about that in another post. Now, Tenney Grant is rumored to be based off of Taylor Swift! If you don't know this, but I have a pretty hard obsession with Taylor Swift. I love/know all of her songs, and have listened to her since I was 4, and my sister first introduced me to her. I know a lot of people aren't happy with this rumor, because she, 'is not a good role model' but I honestly don't have a problem with it. I hope that they do her old school curly hair on the doll though... XD.
Back to Gabriella. Tenney Grant was supposed to first be the 2017 GOTY, but with lots of criticism about not making an a doll of color since Marisol in 2005, they decided to finally make another doll. (After 11 years!) So, instead of throwing out months of Tenney Grant planning, AG decided to release a new line of contemporary dolls, I believe releasing in February. 
Yes. Contemporary. And boy dolls. Whew, lots of changes. 
And, THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST GOTY!!! NOOOOOOO. Please, please, please AG! Keep the GOTY line!!! I love it so much, and judging for hours a day weather I want the GOTY or not. (Which is why I don't own 1 GOTY... XD) But, I will have to rant further in another post. Back to Gabby.
So, it seems, they just picked out a random Truly Me, and gave her a random name, then made her a dancer. ANOTHER DANCER. This, I believe is the 3rd GOTY dancer AG has put out. Marisol, Isabelle, and now Gabby. I wish they maybe did some more academic based things. Like science. 
What I do like about her personality is that she has a stuttering problem, which I can relate to because I used to stutter a lot when I was younger, and she also likes poetry. (Yes, I did have a poetry phase. I might show you guys some of it sometime... XD) That is original from AG. 
Then comes her collection. 
I don't know if I'm too happy with it. I really like the dancing studio, I think that it is cool, but the rest of the collection is a bit- eh. A few outfits aren't really... the best. But, I still like her meet outfit. 
What annoys me about this dance studio though, is that it is AG's GOTY "big ticket" item. The backdrop is made with paper. *sigh*
AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE A MOVIE.
R.I.P me. I live for the AG movies. *Wipes tears. I don't think they had time to create a film for her, since she was a spur of the moment decision to make. But, it still stinks. 
I am looking foreword to reading her book sometime though! I need to catch up on Lea's books first, then probably read Gabriela's. 
Here is her book! (above) It looks interesting, but I hope that the writing quality isn't like the majority of her collection. 
Anyways, I hope that this didn't sound too rant-y. Don't get me wrong, the doll itself is cute as 46, but I wish they changed her up a bit. Something more- original. Ya' know? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this blog post, I will talk to you guys later!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kat and I's blog: thedollduo.blogspot.com
Make sure to comment your opinions!

Comments

  1. Hi Bella, I agree with what you mean by Gabriela, but I do still like her. Your blog posting skills amazing and how much effort and thought you put in
    Keep it up!
    ~ Kat from TheDollDuo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! :) Yeah, Gabriela is a cute doll, just like 46. :)
      ~Bellaxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment