The Creative Catalog Writing Contest Entry! "FOOD FIGHT!!!"

Food Fight 

By: Reyna

I look over to my regular lunch table while I'm waiting to get my lunch. I see Katrina sitting alone, munching on an apple. I try to tell myself to be brave, but it's too much. I can't sit by her! I put the thought aside as I grab the serving spoon in the ground meat tray and plop a spoonful of meat onto my taco. After keying in my lunch code and paying for my lunch, I look around the cafeteria. There are only two empty seats. One is next to Katrina, while the other is across from 'Booger-Picking Brenard.' 
My best option is to sit with Kat. 
I lengthen my chin to feel stronger, but it doesn't work. I pull out the blue chair from underneath the table and sit down cautiously. Katrina barely glances at me while she scrolls through Instagram on her phone. 
I unwrap my silverware and take a clump of crunchy lettuce from my salad. I keep eating and Katrina continues looking through AGIG. 
After awhile I decide that I can't bear the silence anymore and say, "Hey."
Katrina blinks to turn to me, then turns back. She doesn't say a word. 
"Hey." I repeat just a little louder. 
She doesn't say anything. 
I give up, and try to get a sip of my drink. I reach for my milk, but I feel my hand hit Kat's ice cold water bottle. I see it topple onto the table with all of the contents pouring out. 
"Hey!" Kat shouts to me as she gets up. There is water all over her shirt and it's dripping onto her pants. I resist the urge not to giggle, but a small smirk comes out. 
"It's not funny!" Kat says, as she take my milk. She pours it on my hand, which is resting on the table, "See?"
"What!?! Kat that was an accident!" I yell, and I feel eyes move towards us. 
Katrina chuckles and says, "Sure it was! What else was an accident? When you accidentally told me I was annoying?" 
"Yes!" Then I realized how dumb that sounded, "Wait- no! I- well, I didn't mean it!"
"Then why did you say it!?!?!" She rips have of her taco shell and throws it at me. I duck just in time, and it crumbles as it hits the floor.
"Stop it!" I yell as I try to find something on my plate. I take my apple and toss it, but I miss and it hits Blake, who's sitting at the table next to us.
"Ow!!!" He yells, then throws a whole taco at us, making the tomatoes, meat, and cheese fall out onto others. 
I hear someone yell, "FOOD FIGHT!!!"
Mass chaos erupts, with flying food-and other objects- everywhere. I see bananas, spaghetti noodles, clumps of salad, and a bunch of other random foods catapulting into the air. 
Kat and I are standing right in the eye of the hurricane, looking at each other.
"I am so sorry Kat." I say, "Lindsey said that you thought I was fat. That's why I got so mad."
Kat looks at me with wide eyes, "Lindsey? I never said anything like that! Aisling, you aren't fat!"
"You never said.. anything?" I feel my voice quiet down. 
"No!"
"I'm so sorry," I say again, "I never meant what I said. I promise. Can you forgive me?" 
Katrina smiles and says, "I can forgive you, but I don't think Principal Matson will!"
We look around our mess of a lunchroom and laugh. Kat comes closer and brings in a monster hug. 
The food fight goes on for maybe another 10 minutes, and I can't say it was horrible. I saw at least two dozen tacos flying, and double the amount of apples. 
The fight finally tones down when we hear Principal Matson's voice from the loudspeaker, "WE DO NOT PERMIT THIS BEHAVIOR IN OUR DISTRICT," she says, "Any student who decides it's okay to catapult anymore food into the air will be given a two week suspension." 
Then we hear a click, signaling that her message is over. Everyone is silent for a moment. A few people start murmuring to eachother, and soon the whole lunch room has a dull roar. The only odd thing is that there is a whole army of lunch food on the ground.
 Kat and I sneak out into the hall and make it to our lockers. 
"Wanna go to McDonald's after school tonight?" Kat asks, "I have a friend who works there. She can hit us up with two free combos!"
"Yes!" I say excitedly, I finally have my best friend back! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WEEK.
I'm so so sorry! I haven't been able to post on my family home computer, and I just got my school computer back today, so it's okay now!!! School just started for me, so I have to put my blog on the backburner for a bit so I can get my routine and stuff in order. I'm going to try to post of Wednesdays, but don't hold it against me if I don't!
This story is a contest entry for The Creative Catalog Writing Contest, created by the blogger Doll's N' All! I'll link the blog post *here!*
I also interviewed the owner of the blog, Light4TheLord, right *here!*
She is so awesome, and I really think everyone should enter this contest! :D 
Okay, I'll see you guys later!
(P.S: The photo at the beginning belongs fully to American Girl Brand. Full credit for this photo should be given to them :D)


Comments

  1. What a lovely story! I really liked the way it was written, and the plot was so creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :D I was a little reluctant on posting this... but I'm happy I did!
      ~Reynaxxx

      Delete
  2. That's fantastic! Thanks so much! :) Did you get my messages on GHangouts about the thing? :)
    ~ Light4theLord
    https://dollsnall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting this! I'm glad you liked it! Sorry about not being able to respond. :( GHangouts only works on my dad's computer and I haven't been able to access that recently, so I'll try to read/reply tops by Saturday! :D
      ~Reynaxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment