NaNoWriMo 2017 Update 1- 10K Words!


Hellooooooooooo!
It's Reyna!
And NaNoWriMo is apon us! (Whoot whoot!) If you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, it's a challenge that millions of writers across the world take to write 50,000 words of the first draft of a novel in the month of November. I participated last year, and I'm back at it again! :D Last year I wrote a blogpost everyday in the month of November to tell you about my progress throughout the month, you can read those *here!* But beware, many of those were written hastily at 10:00 PM... yikes. This year I decided that I wouldn't put the pressure of writing 50K words in a month, as well as blogging every day for a month, mainly because of time constraints. I have a larger workload this year, so I can't really blog everyday. :( But, I wanted to give you guys a few updates throughout the month, so I can remember these a few years from now!
Ok so here's where I'm at...
~I just hit 10K words! Actually, my official word count is *checks word ccount because it's on a different laptop* 10,571! I'm 571 words ahead, and I'm actually hoping on getting maybe a day ahead tonight!
~I DID SOMETHING AMAZING TODAY. Using the Write Or Die Program (I mentioned it in updates last year, it's a really cool writing program! I use the free version a lot to get me writing. Here's a link: http://writeordie.com/) I decided to do a 1K30, it's basically a word sprint in which you try to write 1,000 words in 30 minutes. Crazy right?!? Well, I must have turned into supergirl or something because I somehow managed to write 2,000 WORDS in that time frame. WHAT!?!? I know! It's crazy! I have no idea how I did that, but let me tell you... those 2K words had a lot of errors.
Oh well, that's January Reyna's problem!
~I don't have school tomorrow! For whatever reason, I do not have school tomorrow, therefore I have decided to take the whole day writing. (Well, not the whole day. I actually have a pretty big to-do list of things I need to accomplish tomorrow. But let's not talk about that.) BUT, I am hoping to get possibly a day ahead tomorrow. That's why it's important to get the majority of tomorrows word ocunt done today, so I have less to write tomorrow for tomorrows word count, and more time to write extra! (Also- tomorrow I'm also planning on catching up w/ blog stuff as well. :)
Coolio, I have to go write now! Peace out my dudes! <3
Nanowrimo website: https://nanowrimo.org/
~Reynaxxx
(PS This was prewritten a few days, ago. As of 11/11/17, my word count is 16,173! I'm a few hundred words behind, but I'll get back on track!)

Comments