Is Molly McIntire Rereleasing? (100TH POST!)



Hey guys! It's Reyna and I'm kind of confused... so I wanted to ask you guys about this!
BUT FIRST!
This is our 100th post! (applause!) Thank you guys so much for all of your support, without this amazing community I would have quit so long ago!
So...
AG has been doing a lot of funny things.
Ok so around the middle of 2017, a lot of rumors started circulating about Molly Mcintire rereleasing, and let me tell you...
I WAS SO EXCITED!
I've always loved Molly, I mean what's not to love?
Her chestnut brown hair, and her braids... and her skirt/sweater outfit and socks. AND HER GLASSES. I love her story as well, and I'm sure if you liked Nanea's story/learning about her time period/WW2, you will probably enjoy Molly's stories. 
I have always wanted Molly, but I never got the chance to get her! I found out about AG in 2010, and didn't get a doll until 2013, and that doll was Bella (MAG #30).
Molly retired in December 2013, about 4 months after I got my first doll.
In all honesty my first time at the AG place involved a lot of looking around really excitedly and having no idea what to look at and what was going on... so not much has changed.
But anyways, when I got more into AG and dolls I found out about Molly and FELL IN LOVE. But... she was retired.
Ok after my sad life story, here is the info I am giving to you:
MOLLY IS (probably) COMING BACK!
You see that small word between "IS" and "COMING"?
That's the problem.
So, many sources (americangirldollnews, emmy's american girl doll whispers, etc.) said that Molly was rereleasing on February 19, 2018 with the rest of AG's February releases.
So it's July 2018... and that didn't exactly happen.
BUT ALL HOPE IS NOT LOST!
AG ended up releasing an updated version of the Molly mini doll:
ISN'T SHE SO CUTE!?!? I love how they kept her original hair and glasses, and her new outfit is cute! I can't really choose between the original and BeForever meet outfit.
BUT THERE IS MORE!
Molly's BeForever books have been released! They were also released on February 19th. 
But where's 18 inch Molly?
I don't know.
I've been trying to do a bunch of research, but I can't find anything!
But here's what did happen...
A preview of the BeForever Molly was accidentally released on the AG website, but then it was taken down! 
I also found this YouTube video, but I'm not sure if it's accurate, though from all the information I have, it looks accurate:

But if that's how new Molly looks like.. I'm all for it!
I'm crossing my fingers that Molly is rereleased!
Ok so I have one more thing to ask you guys about:
So.
My birthday is coming up.
And... if you didn't know AG is "cubing" Samantha and Addy. Cubing basically means that most of the dolls collection will be retired, and the doll will no longer have a display, just a small "cube" of glass. Then the doll will only be available in the 3 Flagship AG stores (LA, New York, Chicago) and online. 
So here's the deal.
I took a quick visit to the AG place today, and I saw the 3 dolls in a cube (Addy, Samantha, Felicity) and tbh I was pretty sad. (Ok why are they giving Felicity this treatment when she was rerelease? My AG store was selling her though, but I thought she was only available online)There were 2 Samantha dolls available underneath the cube. I wasn't planning on getting a doll that day but I wanted to know if Sam would still be around when my birthday came. 
I asked one of the employees, and she was super kind enough to find out, and she said that they didn't know when Samantha would be gone, but they did know that they had more in the back to be sold. 
So thank goodness those were not the only two Samantha's left!
But.
When Molly comes out (IF Molly comes out) I will definitely be purchasing her, but I've been wanting Samantha for awhile! Samantha looks kind of similar to Molly, so I was wondering....
Should I wait to get Molly (but not know when she's coming out/if she's rereleasing), or just get Samantha?
I really really need your help with this, so please comment your thoughts!
Anyways, I was thinking about doing more of these "update" posts, because it helps me sort through all of this new information and pass the message around! What do you guys think?
Anyways, thank you so much for reading this blog post!
Make sure to comment!
Ok byeeee!
~Reynaxxx
EDIT: I just checked my blog stats, and realized that we hit 5,000 views! Thank you so much!!! <3 Love you guys!

Comments

  1. I would say which ever doll you like the most! And if they end up not releasing her, you can always go on Ebay and try to find a Molly doll! Hope this might help some???
    <3Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good idea! I think right now I'm debating on getting Samantha or Addy because I've been really wanting both of them for quite some time and they are both being cubed! Thank you!
      ~Reynaxxx

      Delete
  2. I would say you get what one you want. If they look similar, then compare the outfits of the dolls to determine the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's a good idea! I think I might end up getting... Addy, since she's being cubed too and get Molly when she is rereleased! I'm still deciding though! The problem is that I love both of them haha! <3
      ~Reynaxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment