Interview with AG Blogger- Dolls N' All! (AG Content Creators #3)

Hey guys, it's Reyna! This week, I had the oppurtunity to talk to the AG blogger, Light4TheLord! She owns the Dolls N' All blog! Make sure you click the link at the bottom of this blog post and follow her! I will link her blog/google+/Pinterest below! Her blog is AWESOME! She has been posting every day this month, to celebrate her blogiversary month. You definitely want to check that out! If you didn't know, AG Content Creators is a series where I interview different AG lovers! Check out my last interview with Kristen from TheDollEnthusiast AGTube: here! And check my interview with Lizzy from the AGTube 4HappyHippos here! Anyways, let's learn more about the DollsNAll blog with Light4TheLord! 
RF8: Okay, I know I'm not the only one wondering, but how in the world did you create such a beautiful blog layout? Do you have any tips/hacks for anyone wanting to revamp their doll blog? 
L4TL: Well, I love matching colors and finding new fonts - even though I'm not a firstborn! I spent several days experimenting with Blogger's themes, trying different ones and then perfecting it until I found one that I loved. I knew I wanted a header, and I wanted it professional. I keep working on it here and there to keep it up and make it better. Tips for bloggers? Don't overdo it with too many things - keep it clean but pretty. Clashing colors are absolutely horrifying, especially for me. Don't use a lot of black, but also don't use neon colors everywhere. You want it to be inviting and a place where people enjoy reading your posts. Color? Definitely. But not too much. Don't be afraid to use a simple theme. You can touch it up by making your own backgrounds and uploading them. I used ColourLovers (colourlovers.com) to make some a while back. Also, taking pictures of your favorite scrapbooking paper and using it as a background can also look really cool - I can almost promise you that no one else has the same one. A long answer, yes. Sorry. :)
Light4TheLord takes amazing doll photos! All of the photos in this blog post belongs to her, and I have permission to use them. :)

RF8: Where is your ideal place to take doll photos, or just photos in general?
L4TL: Outside photos are my favorite. I am absolutely terrible at inside photography! I especially enjoy doing it at the beach.There are so many places to take photos, there's always somewhere new to use as scenery!
Pretty beach photos are the best! :D

RF8: Are you planning in following a possible career in photography and film, or do you have other plans?
L4TL: I definitely want a camera with me wherever I go, but what I'm really striving to be is a missionary doctor - with my pilot's license! But I must have a camera. I don't think I could live without one... :) (RF8: Neither could I, sister!)
RF8:  As mentioned in your blog, your faith and religion are very important to you, so how do you manage blogging, school, religious responsibilities, after-school programs, etc. all in a 24 hour day?
L4TL: It's definitely very important to me - balance is very, very hard! First, blogging. During the summer I am able to blog a lot more. During the school year, I try to work only on the weekends unless it's during a break. Right now, I'm participating in the National Bible Bee, and so I had my dolls reference that in one of my travel posts. It was fun! Choosing priorities is hard, and it requires the choice being made a LOT. I don't do a lot of after-school activities.. .well, besides art, piano, and violin. :)
RF8: Who was your first doll, and when did you get her?
L4TL: So, my first 18 inch. doll was Samantha. It was in 2009, I believe, and one of my mom's friends had her after Sam being passed down from generation to generation. She thought I'd enjoy her, and to this day we have a ton of pictures of my playing with her and my stuffed animals, and lining them all up for my 'performances' which normally included dancing or playing the piano! Well, after Sam, I got Amy and Elly, but then I sorta just got tired of dolls. I wish I hadn't stopped playing with them. And then I met one of my good friends and we both enjoyed dolls, so...When I started blogging, that's what brought it all back. It gave me more outlet for my creativity! I think that blogging is actually very educational if you want it to be! Sewing doll clothes, designing doll rooms, doing doll hair, writing photo-stories, practicing photography....
RF8: What do you think is the most important thing to have when starting an AG blog? (Besides a doll!)
L4TL: Well, it doesn't take a lot, but one of the best things you could have to make a good blog is a good camera. It doesn't have to be a super professional or expensive one, but having a camera is such a great addition to a blog. Good photography counts, no doubt about it!
RF8: What blog post of yours is your all time favorite, and why?
L4TL: Oh wow. That's hard... Well, I am super duper proud of 'Eyes the Color of the Sky'. It's one of my favorites for sure. I was so happy with the way it turned out, because I was experimenting with a reflector! :)
'Eyes The Color Of The Sky' AGPS photo of Grace!

RF8: What do you look for when wanting to follow an AG Blog or other social media?L4TL: Oooh.... several things, actually! First of all, good photography. Photos can't be rushed, and you can tell when people have put a lot into what they post, whether on social media or on a blog. I can definitely tell on my blog when I didn't put much time or effort into it. Another thing is how often they post. If they're constantly saying 'I'm sorry for not posting' then that can get annoying. So, consistency is key. I know I'm probably one of the only people out there, but I get really, really miffed by bad grammar and spelling and punctuation!
RF8: Why do you think posting on a blog is different than posting on other platforms? (etc. YouTube, Musical.ly, Instagram)
L4TL: A blogpost definitely takes more time.
Well, except for Youtube stopmotions!
For a good photo-story, you have to get good pictures and have a good plot and storyline. Instagram is just a photo with a caption (though I do want one still!) and other social media places often don't require the time and effort that is put into a blog post. But don't get me wrong, I still love looking at AGIG and YT AGSMs! Also, on a blog, you have to design it yourself. Social media is already set up. 
RF8: Do you have any experiences at the AG place or with your dolls to share with us?
L4TL: Well, a couple of weeks ago, I got to meet the famous Madison of DelightfulWorldofDolls at the AG store. It was a ton of fun! Also, our dolls had fun 'invading' the displays! I've been to the AG store near me several times, and I went for the Isabelle release. It was a surprise planned by my mom and sister, and it was fun! It was a long wait though... 
Another beach picture! All of the photos are stunning, right? 
Those are all of the questions! If you want to see all of my other interviews, make sure to check out the content creator page I made on my blog!
I had so much fun chatting with Light4TheLord, and you can tell how much effort she puts into all of her blog posts! She is so nice, and you NEED to check her out! :D
I have a BUNCH of different interviews planned, with people from all different platforms! I'm so excited! :D Also, make sure to follow me by email, so you can get notifications whenever I post! Also, thank you for all of the page views on my last interview! 100 views in a day?!?! Thank you so much! Anyways, that's all for today! 
~Reynaxxx
Light4TheLord's links:
Mentioned:






Comments