Interview with AG blogger- A Doll's Life!!! (AG Content Creators #6)

It's that time again...
Interview time!!!
Today, RF8 got to talk to Katherine from the AG Blog, A Doll's Life! (mydolldays.blogspot.com) I will have all of her other links at the end of this post! This is the 6th installment in Rainflower8's AG Content Creators series, where we interview different creators who love AG! Our last interview was with Madi from the blog "Delightful world of Dolls" If you haven't read it, click *here!* I also have a page with everyone we've ever interviewed! You can view it *here* or click on the three dots next to other pages. Also, this should have been posted so long ago, like back in August! So I would like to apologize to Katherine for not getting back to her as fast as I should have! The draft of this post got deleted, and I think it just slipped my mind, but thank you so much for all of your wonderful answers and photos! Anyways, here are all of Katherine's answers!
This is Katherine's oldest doll, Anastasia! Isn't she stunning? And Katherine's photography skills are definitely giving her justice!
RF8: How many dolls do you have, and what are their names?
ADL: I have 5 dolls. They are (in order that I got them) Samantha, Saige, Katrina (#19), Anastasia (custom), and Sydney (Melody). (Edit: Bella now has two more dolls, Addy and Kailey)
RF8: How would you describe your blog in three words?
ADL: Um I don't know. Maybe fun, colorful, and dolls? I don't really know. I've never been asked that before.
RF8: Is your blogging personality more of an alter-ego to who you are in real life, or a reflection of your real-life self?
ADL: I would say that I am probably different on my blog than I am in real life. I only get to post once a week because the dolls post mostly so I feel like not many people know the real me. I seem quiet and more reserved on my blog but in real life I can be kind of crazy.
This is Katherine's doll Melody! She's absolutely stunning and I LOVE her dress!
RF8: How did you learn about AG and blogging?
ADL: I think I found Fun with AG Fan (http://funwithagfan.blogspot.com/) and American Girl Fan (http://www.americangirlfan.com/) and one more which isn't around anymore and I thought oh this would be fun so Saige and Samantha started a blog. :)
RF8: What do you think you specialize in on your blog? What do you love posting most?
ADL: The dolls and I love posting photo-shoots which I love taking. I would say I like specializing in Fabulous? or Fail? and Who Wore it Best?
RF8: What is the biggest achievement in blogging that you have earned?
ADL: My biggest achievement is definitely hitting 500 followers! My second one is blogging for 2 and a half years consistently.
I think this is my favorite photo! I love the background, and Saige looks so pretty!
RF8: Do you have any tips/advice for anyone just starting an AG blog?
ADL: I would say just have fun and don't feel stressed. Setting a schedule when to post might be nice. And if there are active AG blogs comment on their posts to have them check out your blog. We love when new people come! :) Oh and I almost forgot. Go outside your comfort zone and take pictures in public. Some of my best pictures ever have come from that. :)
RF8: How do you think of names for your dolls?
ADL: Katrina was named Katrina because she is my closest look a like and her name is similar to my real name. (Bella isn't my real name) and with the other two I found a baby name website and wrote down multiple names that I loved and then narrowed it down to the ones that they have. :) 
RF8: What do you hope to bring to the AG Blogging community, and what do you think keeps you coming back to add more onto, "A Dolls Life?"
ADL: I want to stay in the AG Blogging Community because it's so small and we don't need more people to leave. And I do love it so unless I have to leave it I'm hoping that I'm never leaving. That kind of also goes with the second question. And I hope that I can inspire people to come join the community. It's never happened but I'm hoping!
RF8: Do you have any experiences/stories to tell us about visiting the AG Place, or hanging out with your dolls? 
ADL: Um I've only been to two AG stores. AG Place Scottsdale and AGP Kansas City (twice). The only really cool thing was at the AGP Place I met a big AGIGer (American Girl Instagram) which was fun and cool. :) I don't really hang with my dolls. They do their own thing and I just take pictures of them.  But I am a little older and I would say that you should still play with your dolls because there is nothing wrong with that. :)
Aw she looks like she's from different era, I love it! Katherine's photography is so amazing!
Ok thank you so much for reading this blog post, and thank you to Katherine for being interviewed! You were so fun to talk to! Now that summer has rolled around, I will be posting more AGCC's which is really exciting! Ok thank you so much for reading!
~Reynaxxx
(*All of the photos in this blogpost belong completely to Katherine/A Doll's Life, and I have permission to use them)
Katherine's Links:
A Doll's Life blog: https://mydolldays.blogspot.com/


Comments

  1. Thanks for interviewing me! It was fun :)
    <3Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh it was my pleasure! I loved working with you!
      ~Reynaxxx

      Delete

Post a Comment